We’re committed to looking after the planet
The team is passionate about working – like the microbes do – to close the gap on our waste products. We want to ensure our business, products and packaging do as little harm as possible to the environment and even enhance microbial diversity where possible.
100% recycled plastic bottles
One of the most exciting features of our new eco-friendly packaging is our use of 100% recycled PET (rPET) bottles. These bottles are made from post-consumer beverage plastic bottles of original food grade quality. Our suppliers have invested in cutting edge technology (they call it the Starllinger IV+) to transform used bottles into food grade recycled plastic materials.
Labels - what we wrap our microbes up in
We have gone with an eco label supplier and an eco friendly label made with ClearFlake technology.
ClearFlake labels are easy to remove in the recycling process to ensure the bottle and the lid can easily be recycled.
Our labels are printed digitally which has environmental benefits including reduced print waste and no need to use UV curing, solvents, or plates. We work with printers that enable a reduction of approximately 50% in consumption and waste and are awarded the Green Leaf Mark from Intertek; one of the world’s leading independent certification and testing companies.
But we want to go even further. We are investigating paper labels which can be pulped after use and recycled. Right now this technology is not available to us at our volumes but we are working towards it.
Cool cardboard boxes
All of our boxes and packing tape are made from 100% recycled materials
What else are we doing?
- we use a renewable energy supplier
- we shred the cardboard we receive for customer packaging
- use organic ingredients where possible
- use packing tape that is 100% biodegradable
- use our probiotic cleaners throughout our offices and brewery. No chemical cleaners on site!
- buy all office supplies from the ethical superstore
- use paper from FSC managed forests
- recycle everything used in the office e.g. paper/plastic/glass/compost
What are we working to improve?
- closing the circle on all waste produced in the offices and brewery
- increasing the number of ingredients that are organic and that are locally sourced