With trees losing their leaves and the clocks going back at the end of the month, this is a time for drawing in, for fires and creative evenings, and the comforts of home.
It has taken me some years to get here, but by now I use microbes in almost every aspect of life here at Spirthill: in my home, in the office and in the garden. So I share this diary because it is not only a routine, but also because I love having a 100% environmentally friendly solution to almost any problem.
- Drink my splash of Bio-live. I mix it with sparkling water and call it my ‘probiotic cocktail’. If I feel a cold or flu lurking I double or treble the dose.
- Use a good blob of Bioemsan toothpaste. The hygenist says I am a model patient, with really good gum health. This is a great relief because they used to bleed at times when I brushed my teeth.
- Add Pet Nutrition Booster to our labrador Kit’s dry food. It helps his digestion and prevents worms and other nasties. Millie my sister’s dog is often with us as we share dog sitting, so she gets some fermented food supplement too. They lap it up
- Spray Power Cleaner around the dog’s feeding bowl. If there are any dog accidents the Power Cleaner swings into action too. I am confident it is the best disinfectant for the job as the microbes absorb any leftover imperceptible stuff.
- Spray Power Cleaner around the toilet seats, bowl and floor. Let’s face it, our aim is not always 100% accurate and the friendly microbes take care of pathogens and smells. Done.
- Last thing, spray Multi Surface cleaner (I am using the Lavender one right now) over the dining table, kitchen surfaces and hob. I’m lazy so I leave it overnight and let the microbes do their magic munching on any bits of food or spills.
- Next last thing: after cleaning my face I use the bioemsan moisturiser. This year I had a REALLY big old birthday but people often tell me I look much younger.
- At the end of the growing season, I cut up any finished tomato/spinach/cucumber/squash plants, and spread them over the soil. Then I spray with Compost Activator to break down the organic matter quickly. It melts back into the soil in time for planting in spring, taking all those microbes with it. What I notice is that there are more worms every season.
- We visit our ponds at least twice a day on dog walks, and at the end of summer the blanket weed is back. We have been adding Pond Balance and watching the slow but sure retreat of the weed.
- One night I pour a little diluted Drains Clean and Clear down sinks, bathtub and shower tray last thing so the microbes can munch away and clean the drains overnight.
- Every Tuesday lovely Tina the cleaner uses the Power Cleaner and Floor Cleaner throughout the office, brewery and living spaces. She loves how they smell and how they clean even though the changeover to mixing in a spray bottle took a bit of getting used to. She announced last week that the Multi Surface Cleaner works a treat on all the glass and windows.
- I take a Microbz travel pack in my carry on bag so I can keep my routine going even when I’m teaching, working or holidaying abroad. This October we’re in Zambia for our charity www.visionzambia.co.uk and then on a birthday mini break so it’s x 2 this month.
- We hold regular meetings in the new South Barn, and I spray any tea and coffee stains with Textile Cleaner and watch them disappear. Sometimes I give stains a final wash with warm water but it is a miracle solution; those billions of microbes love to gobble up organic material.
- Whenever the dishwasher red light comes on I use diluted Power Cleaner (straight out of the spray bottle) instead of Rinse Aid. It does the job and I love knowing that the water that goes down the drain is carrying those beneficial microbes down too.
The best things about all this? It is easy, and it feels good to be using biological, rather than chemical, solutions.
Wherever you are on the spectrum of using 0% – 100% microbes, keeeeeeep diluting and spraying! If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org