How often have you heard the saying, 'muck and magic' in terms of how your garden grows? The 'muck' bit is the soil, built up over millennia and made up of leaves, compost, old plants and other decomposed organic matter. And the 'magic' ingredient in productive soil is the vast network of wildlife under your feet - the billions of live bacteria, or microbes, that break down compost and deliver the nutrients that help plants grow strong and healthy.
We're so happy to welcome the spring with lighter, longer, warmer and (hopefully) drier days. It is a time to prepare your garden for summer. Whether you are growing flowers, vegetables or fruits, in beds, orchards or containers, adding good bacteria to soils, seedlings and compost piles will give a vital and 100% chemical free kick-start to a successful growing season. Plus you can care for the planet by looking after your garden naturally. Did you know:
- A handful of garden soil contains more microbes than there are people on the planet
- There is more life below earth's surface than above it
- Microbes work tirelessly to deliver the nutrients a plant needs to stay strong and healthy
- Breathing in, playing in, and digging in dirt may be good for your health and mental health
- Childhood exposure to outdoor microbes is linked to a more robust immune system
- A three to four leaf spinach plant has over 800 species of bacteria inside it
- We have lost about half of the topsoil on the planet over the last 150 years. According to John Crawford, we have about 60 years of topsoil left. Some 40% of soil used for agriculture around the world is classed as either degraded or seriously degraded.
This year use microbz in your garden to feed your patch of earth with beneficial bacteria. Create your own tiny nature reserve and protect your topsoil. All of our products are 100% natural.
Start with microbz Soil Conditioner: Healthy soil is a balanced ecosystem of billions of microbes. microbz Soil Conditioner maintains your soil's fertility. It delivers a host of beneficial microbes and essential minerals that prepare the soil for planting in spring. It encourages root formation and improves the physical and biological condition of soil - and healthy soil means healthy plants.
Compost Activator can be used all year round to maintain healthy compost and nutrient-rich soil. It will accelerate and improve the natural breakdown of organic matter, which helps to increase oxygen and reduce odour, so there is less need to turn compost.
Plant Boost stimulates spring plant growth by delivering beneficial microbes (effective microorganisms) and essential nutrients and minerals to promote germination, root formation, flowering and plant health whilst working to maintain the physical and biological condition of plants.
Pond Balance is best used for a healthy pond to deliver billions of beneficial microbes into your pond and create a balanced habitat for happy plants, and animals, as well as working to increase oxygen levels, reduce odour, break down algae and discourage pests. Safe for pond plants and animals, pets and children.