We have been asked by customers about making a probiotic to support fitness. They wanted a product that could support the body to heal and recover after training sessions. So we got together with Patti, our medical herbalist, and asked her to have a think about what kind of herbs and minerals best support the body to be fit. The 15 strains of microbes in our probiotics make these herbs and minerals bio-available for the body to absorb through a healthy gut lining.
There has been a monumental rise in the use of collagen in supplements. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. It is the major component of connective tissues that make up several body parts including tendons, ligaments, skin and muscles. It provides skin with structure and strengthens bones.
So if you are an athlete, ballet dancer, yoga teacher or runner, do you get microtears when you train? Do you want to improve your stamina? Or reduce inflammation in your body? Do you need help to focus? Did you know that probiotics are especially important for athletes and can support immune function, inflammation, digestive health, body composition and the ability of the body to metabolise food and drink into energy.
To keep the body working in optimum condition it is important to look after your gut microbes. Research tells us that changing the gut microbiome with a probiotic may be useful for helping athletes' performance. This is because microbes play a key role in controlling inflammation and oxidative stress on the body - ultimately resulting in enhanced recovery. Why is microbz fitness (previously Bio-Live Fitness) unique?
- It contains 15 strains of beneficial bacteria including varieties from the Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium families and Bacillus Subtilis.
- It is fermented with marine collagen which supports bone health and improves muscle mass as well as relieving joint pain.
- It contains Horsetail which has a high content of silica, so it helps to build and repair joints, muscles and ligaments.
- It contains Turmeric which is a well-known and well researched herb for its anti-inflammatory properties
- It contains Gotu Kola which is a herb that helps aid focus and boost cognitive function whilst reducing anxiety.
- It is a liquid probiotic brewed to 3.2ph to survive stomach acid, rather than a powder or a pill. A liquid is more easily absorbed by the body and it doesn't trigger the digestive system to produce stomach acid, which can kill beneficial bacteria. This means more live bacteria can reach the lower intestines ready to get to work.
- It is natural. The microbes are harvested from healthy soil and the additional ingredients are all derived from nature.
What do the experts say? A number of athletes and health professionals have taken microbz fitness and this is what they have to say about it:
I would say to anyone who wants to get more out of their training to try microbz fitness. I found that I could train for longer, more times a week and my recovery times were shorter. Also I used to get a lot of microtears in my pectoral muscles but while I was taking this I didn't have any of those. Former therapist to the England Hockey Masters.
I think microbz fitness has helped with a general decrease in inflammation, which from a fitness point of view is essential. If you can decrease that inflammation, you're going to recover much quicker which means that the next session you're going to do will be higher quality so you're going to get more out of your training over a period of time. Dan Cossins, elite athlete, high performance sports coach and personal trainer
Watch this video we made about the product! [embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rQmdRGiT1E&t=306s[/embed]