Caring for the environment
We’re committed to looking after the planet
Caring for the environment is very important to the whole team at Microbz. Our offices are located in the heart of the Wiltshire countryside and this is an environment we are dedicated to protecting.
The team is passionate about working – like the microbes do – to close the gap on our waste products. We want to ensure our business, products and packaging do as little harm as possible to the environment and even enhance microbial diversity where possible.
In order to achieve this, we:
- heat the brewery and offices with sustainable wood pellet stoves
- use a renewable energy supplier
- have invested in a cardboard shredding machine to reuse cardboard we receive for customer packaging
- ensure customers can recycle all cardboard used with their local council
- use organic ingredients where possible
- use packing tape that is 100% biodegradable and boxes that are partly recycled and partly made from FSC certified sustainable sources
- encourage our customers to recycle bottles and packaging
- use our probiotic cleaners throughout Spirthill offices and brewery, with no chemical cleaners on site
- buy all office supplies from the ethical superstore
- use paper from FSC managed forests
- recycle everything used in the office e.g. paper/plastic/glass/compost
- have stopped automatically including plastic measuring caps and plastic spray bottles with our products
What are we working to improve?
- closing the circle on all waste produced in the offices and brewery
- increasing the number of ingredients for our probiotics that are organic and that are locally sourced, where possible
- finding the most ecological solution for our bottles taking into account the environmental impact of making glass and of shipping
Join us - Sign up and receive 10% off your first order
You’ll also be the first to hear about our latest products and promotions as well as finding out more about the fascinating world of microbes.